Have you wondered about the secrets of the deep and how the creatures below the ocean’s surface live and thrive? Understand more about the aquatic cycles, structures, and processes that generate and sustain life in the sea.
Marine Science covers the following concepts:
- Water and the Environment including the studies of the geography of science and ocean currents
- Tides including the studies of the changing tides and exploring ecosystems
- Water and Weather including the studies of gases in the ocean, acidity in the ocean
- Energy in the Ocean including the studies of understanding fluid dynamics, and all about waves
- The Ocean and It’s Population including the studies of the layers of the ocean, and monitoring population
- Populations that Thrive including the studies of living together, and threats to populations
- Human Interaction and the Environment including the studies of problems with pollution, and keeping the environment intact
- The Past Present and Future of Marine Science including the studies of the beginnings of marine biology and ethics in the ocean
- Careers in Marine Science including the studies of technology and marine science, and problem solving in marine science
* This course requires you to prove your ability to adhere to the expectations of HHSO prior to being enrolled into it. Therefore, coach approval is required.