This research-intensive course will have the student utilize research and primary sources to get an in-depth understanding of world history from the rise of nationalism in the late 19th century to the contemporary world. Themes from a variety of perspectives, regarding social history, democratic government, the relationship between history and art will be examined. Focus will be placed on the ability for students to utilize investigative practices to reach conclusions about these themes.
- Nationalism and Industrialism
- Imperialism and World War I
- The Interwar Years and World War II
- Communism and the Cold War
- Decolonization and Independence
- Modern Issues in a Global Society