Taking time for yourself during a busy schedule full of schoolwork, perhaps a job, and family can leave you feeling drained. Putting yourself first sometimes may feel odd, but it can help you be stronger and more motivated to achieve your goals. Taking note of your mental space and setting aside time just for you can help you be more engaged and learn more effectively in your free high school online classes. At Hope High School Online, we believe our students thrive when they are champions of their own learning, and respecting your mental space can help you excel academically because it increases mental focus while learning.
Take Time to Reflect During Your Free Online High School Classes
In today’s hyperactive world, many of us forget to take time to disconnect and reflect on our life. Whether it is reflecting on your goals for your free online high school classes and the opportunities academic success can create, or situations happening in your life, take time to stop “doing.” Value your mental space and give yourself time to think deeply. When we carve out mental space, we can think more clearly, plan more effectively, reflect, and dream bigger dreams.
Peter Drucker, hailed as the father of modern management, said, “Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From quiet reflection will come even more effective action.” Thinking, planning, and reflecting helps you rise above the daily whirlwind to gain a valuable perspective about your goals and how to effectively achieve them.
Here are five simple ways you can create more mental space-
- Schedule school and homework time for 45 minutes instead of a full hour, and give yourself 15 mins after to reflect on your actual learning and celebrate progress in your free online high school classes.
- Create a 15 minute recurring, weekly meeting with yourself to reflect on you, celebrate accomplishments in your free online high school classes, and focus your attention on how success helps you achieve your goals. Connect the dots from focus, to learning, to success to goal achievement, and then project yourself into a successful future that you are working towards. Examine where can you improve and how you can challenge yourself further to accomplish greater success.
- Occasionally turn off car audio or digital music to have quiet time to think when driving around. If you do not drive, take time alone in your room to think and debrief.
- Take a walk. In the morning before schoolwork, after lunch for fresh air and to re-energize, or in the evening to unwind and reflect on your day.
- Disconnect from all forms of technology for one hour a week to get back in touch with what’s important in life, including the people around you. It might sound hard, but it’s only disconnecting for 60 minutes out of 10,080 minutes!
Your mind would be a terrible thing to waste, and is also a terrible thing to clutter. Find time and space to free your mind. Giving your mind space allows you to think at your best, learn at your best capacity, and be a successful student at Hope High School Online.
Hope High School Online Encourages a Positive and Productive Learning Environment
At Hope High School Online, we are 100% committed to our Arizona online high school students’ success. It is the reason why we provide a supportive academic environment during our free online high school classes. We believe this is why 4 out of 5 of our students go on to higher education. We invite you to partner with us to help you create academic success.
If you are still researching your options for an accredited, free Arizona online high school, download the Hope High School Online info kit HERE, e-mail us HERE, or give us a call at 602.674.5555. We offer an award-winning curriculum, a safe environment, we support students and families, and our students succeed! Find out more HERE!